Date: 20th November 2018
Location: Westminster, London
Steel for Life will be hosting a free half day seminar in November providing practical guidance on key aspects from preliminary scheme development to optimising in-service performance for designers considering the use of structural steelwork.
The seminar includes presentations on:
- Steel Construction Options: A review of the various forms of steel-framed construction with practical guidance on how to determine the optimum design solution
- Efficient Steel Design: An overview of the different factors that contribute to efficient design of structural steelwork and how the designer should consider them
- Design Performance: Practical overview for the designer on how to optimise in-service performance of steel-framed construction across a range of topics such as fire protection, sustainability, robustness, vibration and corrosion protection
- Steel Specification: The importance of steel specification for structural steelwork and how to determine project requirements
- Budget Costing: An overview of the information available for designers to assist in determining outline project costs for different construction options
- Design Guides and Technical Resources: An overview of the free resources for designers from the steel industry, with copies of resources provided to each delegate
|8:30||Registration and Refreshments|
|9:10||Steel Construction Options|
|9:40||Efficient Steel Design|
|10:50||Design Performance (continued)|
|12:00||Review, Feedback and Steel for Life Resources|
Who Should Attend?
The seminar is aimed primarily at Engineers but has been structured to concentrate on good practice in steel construction rather than focus on how to complete design calculations.
It will therefore provide helpful guidance relevant to other disciplines such as Quantity Surveyors, Main Contractors and Architectural Technicians engaged in the delivery of buildings in structural steelwork.
Familiarity with steel construction would be helpful but not essential as none of the topics covered on the course will assume prior knowledge.
How to book
To book a place on this free seminar please E Mail Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue details will be provided with booking confirmation.