Produced by the Steel Construction Institute (SCI) on behalf of Steel for Life, a new interactive version of the Blue Book is now available.
The comprehensive web-hosted resource includes design information in accordance with both the Eurocodes and BS 5950. It provides design data for the full range of both open sections and hollow sections (both hot-finished and cold-formed), and will not require any software to be installed on a host computer.
Design data is provided for:
- Universal beams, universal columns, bearing piles, & parallel flange channels to BS EN 10365
- Structural tees (cut from either universal beams or universal columns) to BS Equal and unequal angles to BS EN 10056
- Hot-finished structural hollow sections to BS EN 10210-2
- Cold-formed structural hollow sections to BS EN 10219-2
- Tables are provided for both S275 and S355 grades for open sections, S355 and S420 grades for hot-finished hollow sections, and S355 grade for cold-formed hollow sections.
Comprehensive design data is also provided for bolts and welds, rolling tolerances are given, and there are comprehensive sets of explanatory notes for both the Eurocodes and BS 5950 data.